LLI recently opened up a new teen center for our adolescent students! We are searching for the right person to continue the development of the teen center in 2015. This position allows students to take an active role in promotion, development and support of the new Youth Center.
From Jan 2015 through Jul 2015, the Teen Center coordinator will take a direct role in the development and promotion of the teen center. Working with youth ages 13 -17, the coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Manage daily activities and attendance in the teen center
- Community outreach and recruitment for the teen center
- Provide homework support to those who need it
- Manage the teen library system
- Work directly with the teen leadership committee
- Coordinate and plan special events and workshops for the teen center
- Teach or co-teach English or art classes within the teen center and/or LLI’s other youth programs
- Assist in fundraising strategy and execution for the teen center
- Develop new programs for the teen center
The Teen Center Coordinator must speak Spanish at an intermediate level or higher and have an interest in community development, specifically with adolescents. Prior management or experience working with teens is a plus.
A 6 month commitment is required for this position.
Housing and Food:
The Teen Center coordinator position requires low cost volunteer program fees which will provide the coordiantor with (delicious) Peruvian food, secure housing, a cell phone, hot showers, wifi and more! For more information on our volunteer program and the fees, please visit ourwebsite.