We are looking for a lead manager to start in January or February 2015 and commit 6 – 8 months with LLI. APPLY NOW! Must be available for the time commitment stated and MUST speak an advanced level of Spanish. Low Cost Program Fees (this provides you a place to sleep, work and eat!) are required for this position and discounts are given to those willing to commit 8 months!
- Lead coordination of weekly educational workshops with our women’s group concerning health issues, human rights, trade skills, etc.
- Networking and maintaining/creating contacts for the program
- Teaching Spanish Literacy
- Teach at least two sections of Computer Literacy
- Development of Computer Literacy Curriculum (materials and guidance provided)
- Track impact and program development
- Oversee the Artisan Program (this is great for candidates who have an art and/or design background!)
- Organizing an educational field trip for the group (one per session)
- Expanding the program to other areas of Huaycan (Zone D or others)
This position is perfect for you if you…
-Are highly motivated by women’s issues
-Possess advanced Spanish skills (written and oral)
-Are organized and an independent worker
-Possess strong interpersonal skills
-Are looking for real responsibility to make real impact in LLI’s programs
Interested in assisting here and there with the women’s program, but your Spanish skills aren’t up to par or you can’t make the time commitment. Consider teaching English or Art with LLI and helping out in our women’s program in your free time! Check out our website for more info on those programs!
For more information on our volunteer program and the fees, please visit ourwebsite.