Are you looking to teach English abroad and want to make an impact in a developing community? Join Light and Leadership! We are looking for English Teachers to start late February/early March 2015.
As an English Education intern, you can expect to:
1) Teach several English classes weekly
2) Lesson plan using our curriculum, but bring creative ideas and activities into the classroom
3) Participate in Teacher meetings, giving feedback and bringing new ideas to the table
4) Record test scores and provide student/parent feedback
5) Play sports and games with kids, plus have the opportunity to get involved with our other programs as a secondary placement (math, chess, art, women’s empowerment, etc)
6) Make life-long friends and discover the beautiful community of Huaycan!
Minimum 3 month commitment is required. We welcome interns with or without teaching experience to join our team. Knowledge of Spanish is not required as our program is immersion style.
- Not available for the time commitment? Still come volunteer with us! We welcome volunteers from 1 week to 6 months!
Please ask about our available start dates!
Housing and Food:
The English Teacher positions require low cost volunteer program fees which will provide the volunteers with (delicious) Peruvian food, secure housing, a cell phone, hot showers, wifi and more! For more information on our volunteer program and the fees, please visit ourwebsite.